The 3 Scorpio Decans

Scorpio / Scorpio Personality

Decans are 36 groups of stars that rise in a particular order throughout each earth rotation. These decans were developed in Egypt thousands of years ago. The rising of each decan marked the beginning of a new “decanal hour” of the night for the ancient Egyptians and eventually three decans were assigned to each zodiac sign. Each decan covers ten degrees of the zodiac. Each decan is ruled by different planetary rules which are also correlated with astrological signs.

Here is some information on the 3 Scorpio Decans:

Scorpio Decan 1: October 23 to November 1

The First Decan of Scorpio is also known as the Scorpio Decante and the “Week of Intensity.” The motto of the First Decan of Scorpio is “Intensity.” This double Scorpio Decante ruled by Pluto — this Decan’s secondary ruling Planet — provides an intensified influence that is manifested in strong drives for power and lust. There are deep feelings here, but they are well-hidden. Those governed by this Decan can either be creative or destructive. Luckily, meaningful employment and worthwhile friends can keep these individuals on the right track.

Since those ruled by this First Decan never expect things to be easy, they are rarely surprised or caught off-guard. They possess impressive fortitude to overcome most odds and may even reinvent themselves periodically. Stubborn and persistent, these are individuals who grit their teeth and have a tendency to finish whatever they start. This period is the most forceful and self-willed period of the entire year. Nothing can stop the drive associated with this Decan, whether for bad or good. Usually it is for the good since the nature of those governed here are generally too virile to be selfish. This strong will is also accompanied by will power and a desire to explore the unknown.

There is also a love and appreciation of family and friends associated with this period. An individual who falls under the jurisdiction of this Decante tends to be something of an irresistible force who blends passion with compassion, as well as being blessed with magnetism, insight, ambition and a knack for intimacy. Sheer single-mindedness assures that he or she will be a winner in love and any chosen profession. The feelings here may be complex but are always utterly genuine.

Scorpio Decan 2: November 2 to 11

The Second Decan of Scorpio is also known as the Pisces Decante and the “Week of Depth.” The motto of the Second Decan of Scorpio is “Transmutation.” The influence of Neptune — this Decan’s secondary ruling Planet — may prompt these talented natives to seek an escape courtesy of some form of addiction, such as drugs or gambling for example.

The heart here is very tender and needs careful handling. This is an individual who will search for a soul mate until one is found. However, he or she will need to be very careful in the choice of friends and companions, or suffer the consequences. Medicine and healing arts are perfect for those governed by this Decanate. In addition, it is crucial that they receive unconditional love and have a loyal, loving mate who will reinforce self-esteem.

Although driven, those ruled by this Decante possess a moderating streak of charity and self-sacrifice. They seek job satisfaction above prestige. Arousing and mysterious, empathetic and faith-inspiring, these persons make for exceptional sweethearts and life-partners, which may be due in part to their love of (and indulgence in) sexual fantasies.

Scorpio Decan 3: November 12 to 22

The Third Decan of Scorpio is also known as the Cancer Decante and the “Week of Charm.” The motto of the Third Decan of Scorpio is “Manifestation.” The influence of the Moon — this Decan’s secondary ruling Planet — lends these natives the ability to become exceptional nurturers and financial wizards. Generally speaking, a person governed by this Decante will enjoy a strong and lifelong bond with his or her mother. This is a good thing unless it results in an eventual lesser bond with the chosen mate.

These individuals tend to be somewhat haughty by nature, but are fair-minded and blessed with remarkable energy. Still, they can be unyielding to the extreme. With a tendency to make sure they are right, those ruled by this Third Decan then decide that whatever they do must be on point. Subject in part to the caprices of the ever-changing Moon can create problems here. However, these natives are usually well-liked and harbor a fondness for pleasure and amusement.

These are souls who desire to leave a legacy to loved ones and favorite causes. Money, privacy, loyalty and property are of supreme importance. A skilled keeper of secrets, these individuals will carry mysteries and resentments to their graves. Because they have remarkable memories and sensitive hearts, they will hang on to sorrow for an inordinate length of time.

An aura of enchantment tends to surround those governed by this Decante. They are caring, abiding and more domesticated than other Scorpio natives. Canny, subtle and adaptable, to say nothing of being blessed with stunning powers of concentration, these are persons who can charm their way to wordly success and into the heart of a chosen mate.

Profile photo of ScorpioSeason
ScorpioSeason founder. A Scorpio interested in people and life.

Related Posts

The 5 Scorpio Periods: Scorpio III

The 5 Scorpio Periods: Scorpio II

Scorpio I Scorpios

The 5 Scorpio Periods: Scorpio I

1. Angela Taylor
    October 29, 2014, 9:59 am

2. Diana
    October 27, 2014, 12:32 pm

I must say this is pretty spot on.

3. Annessa
    October 24, 2014, 4:47 am

Soon True… November 1st Baby and I must admit i am an PERFECTIONIST. I do rather take my time because after all Slow n Steady wins the race! I like things in order. I must control my environment of fear that under someone else’s control things won’t get done right, either Ethically and/or morally. I have the highest of morals . That I strongly stand by. Which includes RESPECTING OTHERS. something this world lacks. I always seem to get what I want in due time… friends included. I don’t associate with many on a day to day basis but I do value the Happiness that a Real True Friendship cam bring. Im single and quite honestly don’t think I will ever get the love that I give back from anyone these days. So I’m holding on to my sanity and choosing the Single life as a means of Peace. I need my space and peace.

• October 29, 2014, 1:35 pm

Its sad we’re experiencing the same issues with love. That our personalities are so similar. My last relationship problem was affection..I gave and gave and didnt get a return ever. I believed she love me and not to be in comparrison but not as much as I was for her. In the end with past experiences not helping Im happier not getting any affection vs.expecting it cause you say you love me but fail at displaying it. If you want me you cant be scared to show it. Don’t talk about it be about it.

4. Khaing Khaing Mon
    May 31, 2013, 10:31 am

The description about “Intensity ” is so true. Only now I can understand myself after reading this. I’m terribly slow and adore quality. That’s definitely me. Thanks!

5. Sherry
    July 22, 2012, 2:22 am

Yep thats me my bf is a libra-scorpio cusp and we get along he is loyal but peaceful maybe that is why we get along oh and it is spot on about me being able to tell before hand who will be a friend or foe I can feel it

6. anonymous
    November 20, 2011, 9:05 pm

I’m a Scorpio 2 (November 8th) who dated a Scorpio 1 (October 30th) some time ago. When he first met me, about an hour into the conversation, he started flattering me constantly, showering me in compliments, and so on. He was extremely good with words and couldn’t be persuaded to believe anything other than what he was saying – hence, when I told him I couldn’t possibly live up to his “expectations” and that I wasn’t all of those things he was imagining, he ignored it and kept adoring me as usual.

On the plus side, he was my second love – my first was another Scorpio 2 (November 6th.) I felt that he completely understood my ‘depths’ as these writers so call it, and though I tried to keep myself distant from this wonderful person who seemed to love me for everything I was, because I thought his image of me was so twisted and distorted – I fell for his words, anyway. Big mistake, and that was partly my fault. His image of me WAS so distorted in my eyes that I was half in love, half in “hate.” I kept thinking he was after something. I was also clingy, becoming more dependent on him, and he couldn’t possibly deliver more than he was already giving me. The break up was bad. He wasn’t there at a time I needed him most and I tweaked out. There was no repairing the emotional damage I had done. In the end, I tried to focus on the upside: at least he had soon who I really was. At least now, there were no more lies.

I still miss him. I wish I had understood that he wasn’t crazy, and that he wasn’t lying to me, and that it was simply his personality. I hadn’t realized that Scorpios ARE different from each other, because I was nothing like him and it confused me as to why. Sometimes I wish I could go back with the knowledge I have now and start over. However, I don’t think it would make much of a difference, even if he did take me back. I still would need things from him that he simply does not have.

Wishing him the best.

• Jesse
      September 3, 2012, 11:18 pm

Hey.Your post gave me goosebumps.Ive made a lot of mistakes relationship wise in the past and its nice to know I wasn’t the only one who saw things that weren’t there, or just couldn’t accept someone for who they are. Ive just gone thru my 3rd breakup now.Its been months but I still think about him and wish Id done things differently even tho I know now that he wasn’t right for me. I just wish Id known then what i know now. I hate that I hurt him.Anywho.Just saying hi.Jess.

• Joshua
      November 8, 2013, 7:07 am

wow what a story! i dated a scorpio and what an intense and rich experience! I have one question for you though. What was different about you and you boyfriend that was born on the 6th of November and which of your two scorpio boyfriends personalitis did you like most?

• Joshua
      May 11, 2014, 12:16 am

I am a scorpio I born a still birth 10/25/91 11:58 pm took my first breath of life 10/26 at 12:02 am. A decade later my element took my brothers life followed by my friend seven years later.most people who don’t know me won’t approach me unless forced. people who call me friend rely on me but keep me distant through fear of knowing what I am inside, what ever that may be.

• Joshua
      May 11, 2014, 12:41 am

It’s more than pain to feel the break of a bond with some one you love. It hurts worse when the you try so hard to find the right way to fix it and all you do is drive them away. But we learn from our mistakes and still wake up everyday regardless how dark. Cause that’s our essence as scorpios , The Depths of Unknown Darkness .

7. kella
    October 27, 2011, 7:57 pm

Pretty damn true! People always say I’m calm or still happy in a dire situation. I just have the ability to bounce back! Also, I would rather take twice the amount of time to do something perfectly than rush a half ass job! Happy bday Scorps!! xoxo

8. michale
    October 26, 2011, 1:04 pm

i’ve never heard of “scorpio periods”, either! very informative, and spot-on!

9. @sheeclay
    October 26, 2011, 8:59 am

Totally me. I love it!

10. ranjani
    October 12, 2011, 6:12 am

tht’s bang on!! =)

11. Stephannie
    September 25, 2011, 5:57 am

i always said oct and nov scorpios must be different, unbeknownst to me (until now) different scorpio personalities do exist!! This is an awesome website i adore this! Oct 28th is my bday @gogettergreen is my twitter name.. keep it coming!!!

12. August 15, 2011, 11:04 pm

This makes so much sense…

13. Bee
    August 13, 2011, 11:48 pm

This is spot on. Everyone is confused by my sunny personality and humor because the art I produce is so dark and I have seen a lot of tragedy in my life. We Scorpio Is are a special blend and I love it! I also did not work well in jobs that expect things done quick, even when i was a teenager. I had to do it right or it wasn’t worth my time.

14. Deepak
    February 18, 2011, 3:03 pm

Absolutely true….but sometimes we give more importance to our friends which must be avoided………

15. January 24, 2011, 7:02 pm

this definitely fits me.

16. June 1, 2010, 10:32 pm

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Shon, IamRachelRae. IamRachelRae said: Will do RT @ScorpioSeason: October 26- November 2 Scorpios! Scorpio I, "Intensity" read more about Scorpio I's here: […]